Micron Metalworks is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. This is a 1st shift opportunity and would require travel between our N.E. Minneapolis and Ham Lake Facility.
: $65,000 - $85,000.00 per year
- Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including domestic partners
- 401k with a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual starts immediately
- Yearly shoe allowance
- Referral Program
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
Education and Experience:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains product and process data base.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding production personnel.
- 2 years of experience in the manufacturing industry or;
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and or other continuous improvement methodologies preferred
- Blueprint reading and GD&T Knowledge
- Database & operating system experience
- Technically competent with various software programs (Solidworks/ProE/etc...)
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize & execute tasks under pressure
- Persuasive, encouraging & motivating
Competency Training Requirements
- Blueprint Reading
- GD&T Knowledge
- AS9100 Quality System
- 80 Hours OJT or Equivalent
About Micron Metalworks Inc.:
Micron is a precision metal fabricator specializing in high end sheet metal fabrication, machining, welding and assemblies. Everyone at Micron is dedicated to our customers for excellence in service and product. Micron won Supplier of the Year 2005 from Cirrus Design! We are greatly honored to be recognized as a company for our performance, service and quality for such critical needs as the nose landing gear and many other critical components for this aircraft.
Micron Metalsworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer