|Job type||Full Time|
Function: Road Surface/Roadway Maintenance
· Perform all activities required for roadside maintenance
· Perform all roadway surface maintenance activities
· Service and make minor repairs to operating equipment
· Provide traffic control
· Perform basic construction monitoring duties and basic inspection activities
Function: Snow and Ice
· Maintains roadways for snow and ice control
· Prepares and inspects winter equipment
· Performs preseason snow route inspection and performs post storm cleanup
· Performs winter stockpile setup and transfer of anti-icing and de-icing chemicals
· Perform all work related to installing, repairing, maintaining, and removing snow fences; replacing mailboxes
· Maintain documentation on snow and ice data for accurate reporting of inventory and resource management
· Performs traffic control set-ups and/or provides notification to dispatch of disabled vehicles.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Vision insurance available
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Paid parental leave available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
NOTE: Please ensure that your resume clearly addresses the required experiences/skills listed below in order to continue in the hiring process.
The level of experience to perform this job at the Transportation Generalist level can be achieved with:
* One year of experience performing activities in snow and ice, soils, road surface maintenance, roadside maintenance, bridge maintenance, signs or related activities (roadway maintenance, driving commercial vehicles, landscaping, operating heavy equipment or farm experience)
*Must possess a Class B Commercial Driver's License with no Air Brake Restriction and obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License with no Air Brake Restriction and Tanker Endorsement within 5-months of placement into the position . (You may be required to obtain a Tanker Endorsement sooner than 5-months.) The incumbent will be subject to drug and alcohol testing. New employees must pass a pre-placement drug test for evidence of use of marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP) and amphetamines (MDMA, MDA and MDEA) and acetylmorphine (6-AM). YOU MUST LIST COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE WITH NO AIR BRAKE RESTRICTION AND ANY AND ALL ENDORSEMENTS/CERTIFICATIONS ON YOUR RESUME.
*Veterans may be eligible for a waiver of CDL based on military experience. Please contact your County Veteran Service Officer ( http://www.minnesotaveteran.org/cvso/ ) to obtain a copy of your VMET DD2586.
APPLY ONLINE BY 12/15/2021:
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMAITON:
Lena Garcia, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist
|Employer||Minnesota Department of Transportation|