Our Commitment to You:
Lunds & Byerlys is committed to taking care of the employees who take care of our customers. We are committed to creating work environments centered around the values of hospitality, teamwork, and opportunity. Lunds & Byerlys is committed to providing equal opportunities to all interested and qualified candidates.
A little bit about us, we might be for you if you are looking for a...
- Strong culture based on values, family and team. These words are not just tossed around. They are at the core of who we are.
- \"Great place to work\" - we are a Star Tribune Top Workplace 2019-2021.
- Hometown team with a beloved brand and solid reputation.
This position represents a senior management position that has responsibility for the performance of the deli, food service operations and catering operations. This person establishes the strategic direction for the product area, developing business plans and defining key performance measures including sales and profitability targets. This person is responsible for developing programs, processes and measures that assure the accomplishment of the strategic goals and will report to the SVP of Merchandising.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Provide leadership in the area of establishing the strategic vision and direction for the assigned product areas incorporating consumer food trends, competitive developments, merchandising, product offerings, pricing profitability and sales objectives that are supportive of and contribute to the achievement of the company's strategic goal and key initiatives
- Train and develop staff, assign responsibility, coach, train and manage performance to ensure the accomplishment of department objectives
- Identify and develop staffing needs and key positions to ensure employee development to continue to grow our company's bench strength
- Develop and execute a wide and varied range of promotional programs including seasonal, event, lifestyle, and item driven programs that successfully support and achieve sales, profitability and brand management objectives
- Develop and execute procurement, merchandising, pricing and promotion strategies that support and promote the brand management objectives
- Negotiate purchase contracts, buying agreements and promotional programs that secure the lowest cost of goods and most favorable terms on the products and services that represent the quality, variety and selection objectives
- Review financial performance reports and analyze and interpret data to identify opportunities to obtain cost savings objectives through efficient planning of resources, including labor
- Develop private label and signature item strategies to successfully support the brand identity and maximize sales and profitability objectives Lead and inspire innovative products and programs to ensure trend forward product offerings are maximized to support the brand strategies and to maximize sales and profitability objectives. Work closely with LFHI manufacturing facilities and the R&D team to develop new and unique items or categories
- Source and develop supplier relations that promote the development of business strategies that assure effective utilization of supplier programs and services and support the achievement of sales, profitability and brand management objectives Participate in the development of sales objectives for assigned product areas and establish programs and services that maximize the accomplishment of such objectives
- Participate in the development of profitability objectives for assigned product areas and establish programs and services that maximize the accomplishment of such objectives
- Develop communication models that ensure key stakeholders including retail, wholesale supplier, vendor and other personnel have information, tools, resources and the appropriate level of involvement in decisions, programs and strategies that affect them
OTHER JOB DUTIES (Not considered essential to the job)
- Perform all other related assignments (including special projects) as required in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or the equivalent knowledge gained from experience within the functional area
- Licensing Required
- Possession of a valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle
- Ten or more years of related leadership experience including responsibility for sales and profitability, budgeting, procurement and merchandising along with a proven record of success in developing product strategies, category management, pricing, promotions and merchandising
- LFHI Competencies expected of all employees include: action oriented, communicates effectively, customer focus and instills trust.
- Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, human relations and project management skills
- Innovative, resourceful and analytical thinking abilities
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to delegate and follow through
- Ability to provide motivation and leadership
- Strong organizational abilities
- Project management, sound judgment and decision making abilities
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English
OTHER REQUIREMENTS\/EQUIPMENT USED, IF APPLICABLE
- Office Equipment (this may include computer, phone, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine)