|Job type||Full Time|
This is a full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Conditions of Employment
The California State University (CSU) is committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the communities we serve, as well as maintaining higher education access and attainment for our students, as such, we embrace a comprehensive strategy designed to reduce the likelihood of transmission of the COVID-19 virus. The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption if eligible. Any candidate advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at: https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/. Questions about the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Application Deadline & Salary Information
The application deadline is: Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
The salary range for this classification is: minimum $3,064 - maximum $5,148 monthly.
The maximum salary budgeted for this position by the department is $3,170 monthly.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean and in collaboration with the School of Nursing Director, the incumbent's primary duties involve moderate to complex clerical and administrative work and general support of the School of Nursing. Assignments include providing assistance and support to the School's admission process, clinical placement of students, providing clerical and administrative support for the School's administrative staff and faculty, data mining and report generation, scheduling and maintaining the Nursing Skills Laboratory, and serving as back-up to the other School administrative staff when necessary.
Required Education: A high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents.
Preferred Education: Some level of education beyond high school.
Required Experience: Several years of related office work experience, equivalent to three years.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
• Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
• Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
• Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
• Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
• Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
• Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
• Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
• Possess strong computer skills including in-depth knowledge of and superior fluence in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Ability to rapidly learn university and school program including CM1, Exxat, various data collection and analysis programs and others.
• Ability to generate spreadsheets and data reports.
• Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
• Takes initiative and identifies opportunities to assume responsibility for work within the scope of the job description.
• Superior customer services skills and ability to work productively and maintain excellent relationships with faculty, staff, and students.
• Superior capabilities in handling detail-oriented work.
40% - Coordinates the administrative support activities for the School of Nursing. Supports the School of Nursing with daily operations including but not limited to responding to emails, answering telephones, back-up to other administrative staff, answering inquiries about the School and its programs, generating and tracking correspondence, maintaining School files, supporting program coordinators and faculty and other general administrative activities.
40% - Assists students on an individual bases in completing forms and tracking compliance with licensure immunizations, background checks, and other clearance required for clinical placement. Identifies clinical placements and assists in securing the placement. Tracks student placements and assist with any needed changes in placements. Works with SSPs in assuring contracts are in place for student placement.
10% - Performs data mining and generates reports and data specific to overall operations of the school.
5% - Creates surveys and data collection instruments in support of school operations, maintains and updates the school website.
5% - Schedules and maintains the nursing skills laboratory.
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. For more information or definition of these terms, please visit:
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771.
Clery Act crime statistics for CSUDH are available at https://www.csudh.edu/dhpd/clery/crime-stats/ , or by calling University Police at (310) 243-3639. Upon appointment, all candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
The California State University is Smoke and Tobacco Free. Smoking, Vaping and other Tobacco use are Not Permitted anywhere on University property. Education Code 42356, CCR Title 5, Article 9
Closing Date/Time: December 7, 2021
|Employer||Cal State University (CSU) Dominguez Hills|