Micron Metalworks is seeking an experienced Sheet Metal Fabricator
Monday - Thursday; 4:00pm - 2:30am --- FRIDAYS OFF!
: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour ---- 2nd shift premium of $1.00
- Climate controlled facility
- Lots of overtime to be had but not mandatory
- Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including domestic partners
- 401k with match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual starts immediately
- Profit Sharing
- Yearly shoe allowance
- Referral Program
: The Sheet Metal Fabricator is primarily responsible for safe set up and operation of multiple fabricating processes while achieving and maintaining established quality and efficiency standards.
Education and Experience:
- Sets up and operates press brakes, CNC Mazak, and or Amada lasers.
- Runs Manual sheet metal machines.
- Operates in a team environment to achieve department goals in productivity, safety, 6s and continuous improvement.
- Performs cutting and/or shaping metal from raw form into usable parts for Assembly or Aftermarket needs.
- Process is semi-repetitive utilizing machinery, tooling, and fixtures for set up, and requiring some minor troubleshooting and adjustment to complete assigned tasks.
- Utilizes equipment and measurement tools to drive part accuracy within print tolerances and minimize Quality Notifications and Scrap.
- Process may be non-descript or variable, requiring changeovers/setup, troubleshooting, and adjustment to complete assigned tasks.
- Adept at performing 2 or more processes proficiently within department.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical degree or 2 to 3 years of related Sheet Metal Fabrication experience.
- Previous press brake operating experience required. Prefer Cincinnati experience.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to perform basic metal fabrication processes - cutting, forming and punching.
- Ability to properly use measure equipment (i.e., caliper, tape measure, height gauge, plug gages, combination square, and protractor)
- Ability to read and understand basic engineering drawings (blue prints).
- Ability to understand and follow method layouts and process notes on routings (work order)
- Ability to navigate production reporting.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, inspection gauges and related equipment
- Strong math skills (count, add, subtract, multiply, divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals)
- Competent in interpreting production orders, prints and method layouts to determine the use of fixtures and proper work procedures
- Familiar with metal finishing techniques and metal finishing equipment
- Requires standing 90% of shift
- Frequent bending, twisting, squatting, and lifting with arms extended
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. Average part weighs 5 - 15 lbs
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Exposed to hazards/risks that require body protection (gloves, pants, steel toes, sleeves, safety glasses, etc.).
About Micron Metalworks Inc.:
Micron is a precision metal fabricator specializing in high end sheet metal fabrication, machining, welding and assemblies. Everyone at Micron is dedicated to our customers for excellence in service and product. Micron won Supplier of the Year 2005 from Cirrus Design! We are greatly honored to be recognized as a company for our performance, service and quality for such critical needs as the nose landing gear and many other critical components for this aircraft.
Micron Metalsworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer