|Job type||Full Time|
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $4,304.00/month to $6,120.00/month. PLEASE NOTE: The starting salary will be between $4,304.00/month to $5,212.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The primary mission of the Office Student Equity and Success (SEAS) is to promote and support student academic success by providing leadership, advising, engagement, and additional student-focused programs and services. SEAS maintains a collaborative, campus-wide perspective in its efforts to ensure academic success and increase student persistence, retention, and timely progress to degree. SEAS consists of six programs designed to support low income, first generation students, as well as culturally programming.
To learn more about the SEAS Programs, visit the website here:
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Renaissance Scholars Program (RSP) delivers individualized attention, access, financial and supportive resources to assist foster and emancipated foster youth in achieving academic success in higher education.
The RSP Coordinator, under general supervision, is assigned a caseload of RSP students and assists in the retention of RSP students through counseling and advisement, workshops, classes, referrals, and other forms of interventions. The RSP Coordinator assists students to resolve moderately complex problem(s) that affects their ability to be successful in their educational and career pursuits and make appropriate referrals to campus services and other resources.
The RSP Coordinator reports to the Director of EOP and SAP.
Student Developmental Counseling/Advising
* Provide advisement, individually and in groups, which include academic, personal, financial, or career-related counseling to a caseload of current RSP students.
* Perform analysis of student skills, abilities, previous academic performance and factors contributing to the student's academic progress to assist students in program planning, course advising, major and career exploration. Students may have problems choosing, pursuing and adjusting themselves to suitable educational and vocational goals.
* Complete GE evaluation and advising worksheets and maintain detailed and current records on each assigned student, including program of study outline, quarterly academic progress, counseling/advising contacts, referrals, and test scores.
* Assist students to identify their problems, think them through, evaluate them realistically, deal with their aptitudes and abilities as related to their particular needs and circumstances, select suitable educational or vocational goals, and implement corrective measures to alleviate skill deficiencies.
* Use judgment to address individual student problems, which represent integrative approaches comprising appropriate referrals to campus services and other resources.
* Implement established techniques of encouraging and supporting the personal developmental needs of a diverse student population.
* Utilize proper and established techniques to interact with persons with hostile reactions and bring such situations under control.
* Plan and conduct retention-related workshops, sessions, and/or courses, as required.
* Maintain regular contact with students on caseload and monitor each student's academic progress.
* Assist in the planning and coordination of program implementation and services for designated caseloads.
* Maintain a planning schedule for caseload management.
* Write caseload reports, which include evaluation and recommendations.
* Assist with coordinating the development and updating of all needed publications.
Liaison and Campus Involvement Responsibilities
* Represent the program in appropriate committees.
* Initiate and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups, including faculty, staff, student organizations and off-campus community groups.
* Partake in appropriate professional development activities to remain current on relevant issues pertaining to higher education and the recruitment and retention of low-income and high-risk students.
* Participate in campus wide events and programs, which seek to recruit, retain, or encourage the success of low-income and environmentally disadvantaged students.
Other Duties as Assigned
* Knowledge of GE, major, and graduation requirements
* Knowledge of university policy and procedures regarding all academic concerns
* Ability to interpret and use appropriate PeopleSoft admission, registration, advising, financial aid screens
* Ability to assess student's skill level based on information provided
* Knowledge of the calculation of grade point deficiencies (GPD), grade point average (GPA), and the impact of academic renewal on the GPA and GPD
* Knowledge of policies and procedures governing academic probation, disqualification, academic renewal, and reinstatement
* Proficient in utilizing the computer, Word processing software, MS Access and other database software
* Knowledge of departmental, divisional and university protocol
* Knowledge of interviewing and counseling skills and the ability to apply these to the counseling session
* General knowledge of financial aid process and policies
* Knowledge of group facilitation processes and advanced human relations skills
* Knowledge of values and worldview of various cultures represented in the RSP program
* Ability to interact and work cooperatively with a diverse student population and staff
* Thorough knowledge of the principles of individual and group behavior
* General knowledge of individual counseling techniques
* Working knowledge of student services programs outside of RSP
* Ability to analyze complex situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action
* Ability to carry out a variety of professionally complex assignments without detailed instructions
Equivalent of two years of professional experience in one of the student services program
areas or in a related field; experience should give evidence of competence and indicate the potential for further growth. A master's degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job-related field. Additional specialized experience during which the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the knowledge and abilities shown above may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Masters degree in social work or related field
* Experience with the foster care system
* Familiar with donor campaigns
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a position with supervisory/lead responsibilities, subject to completion of the University on-line Sexual Harassment training as a condition of employment.
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
|Employer||Cal State University (CSU) East Bay|