Job Summary: Directs and supervises all activities of assigned shift to ensure scheduled production is achieved at acceptable rates and quality standards. Supports CNC production and provides set up, program review, and troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in processing molded magnesium parts, including buffing, trimming, machining, tumbling, sanding, and rework to support the priorities and schedule determined by the Production Coordinator.
- Monitors part quality in all areas to ensure processes are producing parts that conform to drawing and specifications per customer requirements.
- Conducts or directs new and ongoing training of all employees.
- Confers, communicates, and works with management and other supervisors to resolve production problems and provide solutions.
- Ensures all safety and cleanliness requirements are enforced and followed.
- With proper training, must be able to use TMM for generation of work orders, shift reporting, and material availability.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Set Up of CNC mills indicating production fixtures.
- Verifies machine settings by measuring positions, first-run part, sample work pieces, and adjusting offsets and machine as needed.
- Maintains part specifications by observing drilling, machining, boring, and tapping; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Work with the maintenance department to ensure daily maintenance is performed. (coolant and filters are replaced, etc)
- Maintain continuity and a cohesive team environment by documenting and communicating irregularities, actions, statuses, and ongoing needs.
- Set Up and qualification of Trim Dies, as needed.
- Document daily activities by completing production job tracking logs, production schedules, etc.
- Assist the organization is achieving productivity goals by accepting ownership of the tasks and collaboration of ideas and solutions.
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required and technical degree (2 or 4 year) preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in set up and operation of CNC machines.
- Solid knowledge of blueprint interpretation including GD&T.
- Knowledge of machining technology
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy physical demand involving lifting and moving of equipment.
- Driven by process improvement and continuous improvement.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced production environment.
- The ability to lead, mentor, and train in a team environment.
- Ability to make judgements and decisions based on company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work standing for extended periods of time and maintain dexterity when handling parts and components.
- Ability to operate a forklift, hoist, and pallet jack.
- English language proficiency to include verbal and written communication.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment screenings.
2nd Shift 2pm-10:30pm