Our busy ENT offices are in need of a Medical Secretary to join our team. As our Practice continues to grow, so does our need for nursing and supportive care staff. The Medical Secretary will be responsible for numerous administrative tasks including many patient-facing responsibilities. Consequently, we're looking for a professional with excellent customer service skills and a genuine desire to help patients receive the care they need. We're currently offering full time Bethel Rd. and float positions that are responsible for providing administrative support to physicians while ensuring the patients' needs are met.
- Provide new patients with forms and other documents that they must fill out
- File patient forms in the appropriate place after scanning them into our EHR system
- Coordinate diagnostic tests, treatments and other necessary care with appropriate facilities and professionals
- Answer the phones and direct patient, insurance and vendor calls as appropriate
- Medical Secretary qualifications and skills
- Review physician schedules in advance to ensure the appointments meet the physicians' needs
- Complete patient scheduling as needed
- Schedule physician surgeries and provide surgical and procedural information and documents to appropriate hospitals
- Obtain necessary authorizations for both surgery and ancillary services
- Schedule ancillary services for the patient
- Follow up with patients who are missing referral documentation or authorization for their visit and communicate status to the appropriate area
- Respond to patient calls and requests in the required time frames
- Communicate to physicians pertinent information affecting their clinic and patients
- Ensure prescriptions are processed for patients in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualified Medical Secretary candidates will have a High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Qualified Medical Secretary candidates should have at least 1-2 years of experience in a medical assistant or medical secretary role in a medical office environment.
- Qualified Medical Secretary candidates must have a current professional certification (RMA, CMA, LPN) or an equivalent amount of experience in a similar role.