|Job type||Full Time|
Sr. Build Release and QA Engineer
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1047
Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country's natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You'll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That's NJR Life.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Sr. Build Release and QA Engineer responsible for performing software builds and packaging releases in an Agile Lite, team-based setting. Design and develop builds, scripts, installation procedures and the management of systems to facilitate the SDLC in a DevOps environment. Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure organizational standards and SDLC adherence, and manage code deployments to various environments. Develop a QA, testing and monitoring plans; handle customer issues after release.
Own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. Streamline tooling, improve releases of our offerings and guide team processes. Focus on standardizing processes and creating solutions for product teams by delivering changes in a timely and methodical manner. Maintain continuous improvement of our build and deployment infrastructure including source code repositories such as git, build tools and scripts, and CI infrastructure (Jenkins, Artifactory, Xray). Collaborate with developers on feature teams to manage the build pipelines.
• Implement and manage release processes for code through development, test and production environments
• Build the IT Release Calendar by collaborating with the Business and IT team
• Lead efforts to define our strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements are incorporated
• Work with IT management to improve the software engineering processes associated with continuously building, deploying and updating software and environments
• Forward plan the release windows and cycles across multiple platforms
• Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Own the source control system, third-party repositories, build system, and release data system
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Manage and support the development and execution of varying types of complex test cases including service level, component, functional, regression, automation, performance, mobile, and end-to-end
• Perform technical troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of system defects and conduct impact analysis
• Work with the business team to define acceptance/entry/exit criteria (Or coordinate) along with the creation of test cases.
• Standardize testing approach across internal and teams
• Implement automated testing where applicable
• Define KPIs for quality process
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• Four to seven years of previous release and/or project management experience; solid understanding of project management principles preferred
• Strong SDLC background and conceptual knowledge of the entire SDLC stack
• Experience with administration, deployment, and/or configuration management supporting enterprise-scale servers or middleware platforms
• Experience with source code management, build automation, and dependency management
• Hands-on experience with source control tools (e.g. Bitbucket, SVN, Git,) and / or continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Code-Build, etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Build Tools
• Experience with Atlassian Jira or Azure and other Cloud based QA system
• Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Java or .NET. preferred
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
|Employer||New Jersey Resources Corporation|