Thousand Oaks, CA, US
The Commercial Data & Analytics Forecasting Team is recruiting for a Senior Associate to lead the forecasting process for several of Amgen's inline and pipeline oncology assets. Depending on the needs of the business, this role may forecast for the US and/or other geographies outside the US. This role will report to one of four Commercial Forecasting Directors.
Specifically, this person will:
- Provide an objective and rigorous point of view to demand forecasting and product performance while collaborating with other disciplines including US & Global Reimbursement/Value/Access, Marketing, Center for Observational Research (CfOR) and Commercial Insights teams
- Lead the development of the quarterly Latest Estimates (LE), Brand Plan and Long Range Plan (LRP) forecasts.
- Develop global forecasts for early stage pipeline assets in preparation for initiation of late stage clinical trials.
- Take active interest in understanding the competitive intelligence landscape and market research to integrate it with high quality forecast models.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Finance and other cross-functional teams to develop forecasting inputs and assumptions for patient flow models.
- Effectively explain modeling assumptions and triangulate assumptions with other data & forecasting model to pressure test and develop "what if " scenarios.
- Perform analyses and assessments in the area of product preference, estimating revenue potential, market size, penetration, and prepare forecasts and recommendation.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of forecasting or related experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of forecasting or related experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of forecasting or related experience
- Prior experience in oncology
- 3+ years of forecasting, market research, or business analytics experience in the biopharmaceutical or healthcare industries
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills; able to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Strong project management skills-able to organize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time
- Demonstrated analytical skills combined with a client service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Understanding of the latest developments in the biopharmaceutical industry, and unmet medical needs and opportunities in oncology, particularly with regard to I/O therapies
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets, patient based forecast modeling including dynamic patient flow models
- Experience with common forecasting tools such as Forecast Pro
- Experience with quantitative techniques including smoothing, regression, time series analysis, and simulation
- Working knowledge of forecasting inputs and structure, global access and reimbursement policies, competitive environment and potential impact on product development and commercialization strategy
- Broad, working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases such as IQVIA, Symphony Health, Flatiron, EMR, Optum, Truven, McKesson, DRG and other large datasets that require custom analysis and evaluation.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.