Assembly Line Technicians assemble curtain wall unit sub-assemblies; assemble unit frames from subassemblies; install insulation; manually apply and tool silicone weather sealant; glaze assembled units utilizing pneumatic silicone application equipment; move completed units from the assembly line, and crate them together for storage or shipment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize manual, electrically powered, and pneumatic hand tools to assemble curtain wall units.
- Verify assembly components by referencing assembly drawings.
- Assemble curtain wall units under the direction of line supervision and report any deviation in assembly components from that indicated on referenced assembly drawings.
- Verify final assembly dimensions by measuring with a tape measure and referencing assembly drawings.
- Comply with OSHA regulations and company best procedures for maintaining a safe work environment. Report immediately to supervisory personnel any
accident or practice which may result in an accident.
- Perform a daily clean-up of assigned work area and return tools to storage at the end of each shift.
- Other tasks as specified by supervisors and managers
Key Roles and Skill Sets
- Applicants must be able to perform repetitive lifting and work on their feet for an 8-hour shift.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to different line positions requiring different skillsets and learn the operation of the assembly line equipment.
- Must be capable of operating manual, electrically-powered, and pneumatic hand tools (principally drills, impact drivers, cutting tools, reciprocating saws,
and pneumatic nailers),
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow assembly drawings (‘blueprints’)
- Experience operating simple material hoists and vacuum lifting equipment preferred.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma preferred, not required