The successful AR Coordinator will work closely with Sales and Customer Service in a proactive manner to keep accounts in good standing and perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of all Accounts Receivable transactions including invoicing customers, credits, and payment application. Key responsibilities include ensuring all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Review new customer applications and creditworthiness. Ensure all proper documentation has been received before setting up a new account.
- Propose proper credit limits and obtain necessary approvals.
- Process Customer Invoices for all locations.
- Review pricing, freight, and box charges on invoices for accuracy.
- Manage customer accounts to ensure Credit Holds are appropriate.
- Record cash receipts in a timely manner and internal documentation.
- Research and manage unapplied payments.
- Process all credits and claims, reconcile credit memo database.
- Review write off request for proper authorization.
- Correspond with Customers & locations on invoice inquiries and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Review and report on past due accounts.
- Manage collection efforts including but not limited to contacting customers, working with internal sales staff, senior management and outside attorneys as well as leading monthly AR committee meetings.
- Produce monthly reports and customer statements.
- Participate in shipping meetings.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Support in month-end closing process calculating finance charges, sales & claims/credits accruals, closing of AR module in company software).
- Protect Speedling's value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure work projects are completed satisfactorily and safe working conditions are maintained at all times.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Act as a role model, working alongside team members, and demonstrate a positive work ethic.
- Develop and maintain a strong sense of teamwork among the team members.
- Develop, document, and maintain standard operating procedures for effective workflow.
- Two – three years experience of accounts receivable, collections and billing procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Proficient in Excel
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to multi-task, meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an internal and external customer service focus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Organizing and prioritizing ability, attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal communication, able to work well with others
- Manufacturing aptitude, Must be able to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for team members
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.