The successful Vegetable Sales Representative will build sales by qualifying prospects, provide quotations, supply the initiative in creating a positive sales environment, ensuring that a prospect becomes a satisfied Speedling customer. The position is also responsible for building and maintaining relationships with current customer base to ensure their continued satisfaction.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Forecast and execute sales budget via direct customer sales, within the overall framework of the Vegetable Division sales strategy
- Develop and finalize the sales Market map initiative
- Maintain customer & prospect lists, developing new market opportunities, sales growth focus
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all sales-related paperwork
- Provide liaison between the company and its customers
- Exceed customer expectations by cultivating a value-added customer relationship
- Become well-versed in the Speedling vegetable product line and in customers' field practices
- Call on commercial farmers, throughout the territory
- Secure credit information to open new accounts and update existing ones
- Coordinate with production units regarding space availability
- Take initiative in researching recommendations and developing market opportunities by participating in trade shows, mailings, demonstrations, etc
- Monitor development of new products adaptable to the marketing area
- Participate in production and sales meetings to learn, contribute and communicate needs and report findings accordingly
- Collect on all sales including finance charges where applicable
- Represent and defend Speedling against all customer claims if necessary
- Special projects as assigned
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards, develop/maintain a strong sense of teamwork, and set a positive example for crew members.
- Agriculture industry experience; knowledge of vegetable transplants & plant products
- Undergraduate degree required, in Agriculture Business, or related field
- The travel requirement for this position is estimated to be 50-75%.
- Must be able to analyze the operations structure in order to be able to get positive results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Maintain work in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment
- Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Clean criminal history and drug-free
- Must have a current, valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to build a workplace culture that is capable of executing change to meet business objectives
- Active in the industry, such as through association memberships
- Always be professional, work with integrity and actively promote ethics and compliance with company policies.
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish not required but a plus
- Basic concepts about greenhouse operations, quality, and productivity
- Good interpersonal communication, able to work well with others
- Customer service driven
- Manufacturing aptitude, Must be able to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water, and dirt.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, Self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations