Thompson Pipe Group
We’re a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. Thompson Pipe Group (TPG) is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure, and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all of North America.
Thompson Pipe Group is looking for driven individuals who will use their experience to direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production and other production-related activities. This position reports to the General Manager.
- Direct and manage plant operations for production and production-related activities – safety and quality.
- Oversee production schedules; assign and oversee all projects production-related.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Balance production and resources by developing plans, estimating costs, and following budgets accordingly; all while motivating and encouraging production workers.
- Implement cost-effective processes and systems cost to control operating expenditures, manpower, wages, and salaries.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and production-related activities – safety and quality.
- Communicate and partner with human resources concerning personnel issues – disciplinary action, incident reporting, or hiring/termination.
- Provide consistent guidance and training for all team members, to create an environment where all employees are groomed for success and professional growth.
- Have a keen understanding of all concrete mix requirements and quality control needs.
- Supervise and manage all activities relating to batch plant operations and quality control.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight, and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporate shop-floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provide direction, development, and leadership to production supervisor(s).
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Learning Agility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is minimal. Primarily local on-site during the business day. Some travel may be expected to support other locations as needed.
**Required Education and Experience**
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years proven product management experience in a manufacturing environment (industry experience a plus)
- Deep knowledge of production management
- PCI Level 3 certification (preferred)
- Knowledge and experience overseeing various types of concrete pouring & finishing, welding of steel plate, and industrial coatings/blasting/lining operations
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a comparable heavy manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of OSHA and demonstrated record of safety-focused leadership.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean principals and 5S process improvement.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software (experience with IFS a plus).
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
Job Classification: Salaried, Exempt, Full-Time
What We Offer
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life and Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fun Events
- Training and Development
- Employee Discounts
- Career Opportunity!
Apply Now! Limited Job Opportunities are Available
We encourage you to apply ONLINE ONLY
Our Location: 3009 N Laurel Ave Rialto CA, 92377
We're providing the proper PPE for all employees if needed and are including sanitizing stations throughout the company.