Willmar, MN, United States
Willmar Corp Office
- Continuously gain market knowledge to understand the dynamics of ever-changing commodity market situations, and be as proactive as possible to operate most effectively under these conditions. Examples are rapid market price changes, new industry cold storage or slaughter numbers. Use this knowledge to manage meat at market opportune times throughout the year, and temper as required.
- As a leading turkey processor it is imperative that this person act as an industry leader, establishing pricing trends and market leadership when situations dictate.
- Work with company forecasts to best understand short and long-term meat positions. Contribute to short term and long term planning.
Sales and Purchasing Management
- Manages both the daily and long-term activities within the commodity department. This position sells and buys from existing accounts / vendors, finds and develops long term relationships with new customers/vendors, deals with industry and government contacts, and works closely with the Supply Chain (Scheduling), Operations and QA areas to maximize meat revenue opportunities.
- Increasing fresh sales is a major focus. This requires more effort and coordination with all support areas, but provides for much greater profitability.
- Manage and provide service to the Hormel raw material procurement team.
- Develop and manage the broker and trader network. Establish direct end-user contacts and business understanding whenever possible.
- Continuously improve the customer base, such that the lowest revenue customers are replaced with a more profitable base.
- Manage expenses through freight rate measurement, coordination of delivery schedules, and product cost reductions. Example, mitigate costs when dealing with product rejections at destination due to circumstances beyond the control of the position (reefer issues, QA problems, broken seal, late truck, etc).
- Achieve AOP and LRP pan numbers. Develop and present fact based sales presentations.
- Manage the daily activities of a Commodity Coordinator to most effectively and economically buy, sell and distribute product.
- This position requires a minimum of 50 hours per week. The work week is Monday thru Friday, with occasional weekends. Overnight travel is required.
- Other duties and assignments as requested by the Director, Commodity and SVP, Commodity & Supply Chain.
Proven successful experience in sales or Bachelor's Degree
* An ability to independently handle numerous assignments simultaneously and in an effective manner from beginning to completion
A strong pattern of successful relationships, customer service, and communication
Attention to detail
Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Strong analytical skills
* Ability to work 50+ hours per week, after hours accessibility, and travel as needed
* Experience in meat industry
Strong Microsoft Excel reporting skills
Experience with iSeries, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel
Jennie-O Turkey Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To save time applying, Jennie-O Turkey Store does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time. A requirement of a position with Jennie-O Turkey Store is to be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.