Retail - Leadership
Love What You Do.
Following a brief pop up in 2019 around Modernism Week, we are returning year-round with our design studio, a new
Room & Board
store concept focused on the brand's free design services, artisan-crafted home dcor and select furniture items. This is a space where customers can look forward to an inspirational boutique experience tailored to helping them imagine Room & Board's products in their own home. An October opening is planned. You'll work in close partnership with the retail leadership team in our Los Angeles showroom as you open this unique 2700 sq. ft. design studio and continue to grow our connection with customers.
As the sole staff member with support from our LA team, you'll manage the design studio in a way that creates an exceptional experience for our customers. Your understanding of how our Palm Springs customers live and shop will guide you as you leverage the tools, resources and our assortment to maximize the selling floor to meet our customers' needs. You weave your passion for Room & Board's design aesthetic into the showroom experience. You'll create meaningful store events that provide opportunities to deepen connections with existing customers as well as reach new customers to grow our business.
830 N. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262
The work schedule:
- You'll work in close partnership with our LA Market Manager in the development of a strategic business plan that adjusts to the changing needs of the Palm Springs market. You'll play a role in the planning process, forecasting market sales and all controllable expenses.
- You'll be a part of a collaborative environment where meaningful relationships and partnerships matter. As an advocate for the studio, you will build strong relationships with partners outside your four walls, including a strong connection to our LA showroom and Pasadena Design Studio.
- You'll surround yourself with beautifully designed American craftsmanship, sustainable practices and designs with a story you'll be proud to share with our customers to help them create meaningful homes and beautiful spaces.
Wednesday through Sunday with a combination of open to the public (Thursday thru Sunday) and by appointment only (Wednesdays).
Timing of hire:
Ideally, starting before the end of August and spending the first several weeks in our LA showroom (hotel accommodations and related expenses reimbursed) with the team to acclimate to the role and our company prior to the studio opening in October.
What you bring to be successful:
Additional position requirements and qualifications:
- The customer is at the core of what inspires you. You bring a positive energy and a genuine connection that inspires and builds confidence with our customers. You are solution-oriented and lead with curiosity to understand the customer's individual needs.
- You bring a self-directed, entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in an environment that is grounded in sound principles to guide your work, yet offers you the latitude to make the right decisions for the studio and its customers.
- You're recognized for your solid communications and the relationships you build. Whether it's the follow through on your promise, your consistent flow of communication, your solid project execution or your ability to make clear the trade-offs with a particular decision, your partners know what to expect and can count on you.
- You're astute operationally. You're hands on in the day-to-day as you take ownership for your business with an eye toward the future. You manage with fiscal responsibility and understand how your actions affect the near- and long-term health of the business.
What you can expect from us:
- 5+ years of experience working as a key-holder in a customer-centric, fashion/design savvy retail environment with a passion for design and engaging with customers on the showroom floor.
- You bring exceptional communication skills, demonstrated confidence, attention to detail, prioritization and organization skills, and a high level of comfort navigating technology and virtual resources.
- You'll enjoy a competitive salary and our unique, progressive benefits that go beyond the basics of health insurance and vacation to support you physically, emotionally and financially including by offering 401(k), profit sharing, three weeks of paid vacation, free financial adviser and more. To learn more, please visit our career site.
- You'll find a culture where our collaborative spirit leaves little room for bureaucracy and cumbersome rules. Instead we keep it simple, take accountability, solve problems and ultimately do the right thing. We are a people-first company. One of our deepest beliefs is in everyone's right to be treated equally and respectfully. We let this guide our actions every day. We believe in each other.
- You'll join a company of talented and diverse professionals who are passionate about working together to help customers create homes they love. #weareroomandboard
Room & Board is a place where people can flourish because they can be themselves. We celebrate our differences, including our beliefs and cultural traditions as well as all of the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together!
Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.