US-MN-Edina | US-MN-Minneapolis
Retail - Visual Associate
Love What You Do.
Visual / Merchandising Manager
at Room & Board, your work inspires our customers and builds confidence in our design associates. You bring your talent to the showroom aesthetics in a manner that is consistent with Room & Board's design philosophy, connects with the lifestyles of our customers and is reflective of the unique architecture of our beautiful 50,000 sq. ft. showroom in Edina.
This role is more physical in nature as you spend the majority of your time (80%) working with the details of the showroom (e.g., hanging frame walls, moving displays, introducing new assortments, etc.). You educate and illustrate to the team how the showroom supports the selling process. As a creator of a beautiful showroom, you also seek to understand the needs of the business and support strategies that drive sales. You will also partner with Room & Board's product and design team at our Central Office in Golden Valley, helping them understand local competition, trends and meaningful design shifts that influence future product development and merchandising of the Room & Board brand in the showroom.
The balance of the time (20%) you'll spend your time on the showroom as a Design Associate in a selling position - a great opportunity to see firsthand the influence of your merchandising. This position manages the visual function, but does not have any direct reports.
Our Visual /Merchandising Associate strengths include:
- The ability to blend business confidence with design savvy, and an incredible eye for details.
- You are a mentor and an educator, engaging the design team in showroom presentation to further develop design confidence. You partner with the team to build excitement and inspiration.
- You are a student of the world around you and understand how a home evolves based on life changes, technology, sustainability and other social influences.
- The natural assumption of accountability for sales and the broader business.
- Visual/Merchandising experience. You bring 5+ years of related visual or merchandising experience, including knowledge in color theory. You have an eye for detail, not perfection.
- Design Savvy. You are passionate about design, know the trends and love the Room & Board brand. You understand color, texturing, mixing and matching to develop spaces that are both functional and inspiring.
- Natural at building relationships. You enjoy working with people and being a strong partner, collaborating with your team and design partners at our home office.
- Effective communication skills. You bring professional, consistent and timely communication to ensure that you create the best experiences for our customers, retail team and home office.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. You have a game plan that is aligned to sales and the broader business, but are also agile as you balance routine responsibilities with customer and business needs. You bring an aptitude for good time management and process execution.
- Skilled in Technology. You are comfortable navigating technology and leveraging tools and resources to successfully accomplish the task at hand. Working knowledge of floor planning software (Icovia is preferred).
- Ability to safely perform the work. The safety and wellbeing of our staff members is paramount. We recognize this role requires physical stamina and therefore require final candidates to complete a pre-employment physical.
If you have a design portfolio, please include a URL to your portfolio on your resume or cover letter, as part of your resume document, or submit as a separate attachment during the online application process.
You will work 40 hours/week and a Tuesday - Saturday schedule; working a combination of days, early evenings and weekends. You'll find work/life balance in the way we schedule.
7010 France Avenue South, Edina, MN 55435
What you can expect from us:
Room & Board
- You'll enjoy a competitive salary ($50,000 and higher - commensurate with experience, qualifications, etc.) and our unique, progressive benefits that go beyond the basics of health insurance and vacation to support you physically, emotionally and financially including by offering 401(k), profit sharing, three weeks of paid vacation, free financial adviser and more. To learn more, please visit our career site.
- You'll find a culture where our collaborative spirit leaves little room for bureaucracy and cumbersome rules. Instead we keep it simple, take accountability, solve problems and ultimately do the right thing. We are a people-first company. One of our deepest beliefs is in everyone's right to be treated equally and respectfully. We let this guide our actions every day. We believe in each other.
- You'll join a company of talented and diverse professionals who are passionate about working together to help customers create homes they love. #weareroomandboard
is a place where people can flourish because they can be themselves. We celebrate our differences, including our beliefs and cultural traditions as well as all of the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together!
Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.