General Function :
Seafood Service Clerk
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Wraps, trims, stocks cases, and receives merchandise in the Seafood Department.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Seafood Manager; Assistant Seafood Manager
Positions that Report to you: None
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking customer orders.
Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
Wraps, weighs, and labels product.
Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness, then stocks cases or rotates product.
Finishes display details including seafood for traying.
Prepare and organize seafood items for display.
Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
Replenishes and organizes the coolers.
Reports out-of-stock products to appropriate personnel.
Removes trash in a timely manner.
Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Prepares some signs for the department.
Orders replenishment merchandise as directed by management.
Assists in other areas of store as needed.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required; Food Safety training; Six months previous related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish color), and field of vision.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 85 pounds of force (energy exerted) occasionally; exert up to 40 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
This position is continually exposed to a cool environment and dampness. There is frequent noise from the saws, exposure to cleaning solvents, and possibility of electrical shock. This is a fast paced work environment.
Knives, Grinders, Patty Maker, Slicer, Pallet jack, Tumbler, and Wrapping system
Deals with customers on a daily basis and vendors/suppliers on an as needed basis.