General Function :
As Bakery Clerk, this position will be responsible for reviewing daily orders, preparing & replenishing products in a prompt, efficient and friendly manner. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant Managers; Bakery Manager, Assistant Bakery Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store
Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store
Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
Assists customers by: (examples include)
escorting them to the products they're looking for
securing products that are out of reach
loading or unloading heavy items
making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness
Reviews orders for the day
Takes customer orders at the bakery counter
Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list.
Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis
Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
Pulls product from cooler/freezer to prepare for baking
Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes change, etc., where applicable.
Removes trash in a timely manner.
Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines
Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Washes dishes as necessary.
Orders product and supplies as necessary.
Prices products for customers as necessary
Delivers orders as needed.
Assists in other areas of store as needed.
Performs other job related duties and special projects as required
Education and Experience:
Less than High school or equivalent experience and six months of less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with our without correction, color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to flour dust, noise, cleaning chemicals/solvents, electrical shock and temperature extremes.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard tools and equipment used in a bakery environment including mixers, ovens, wrapping, label printer, cash register, telephone, dishwasher, bread slicer, electric knife, microwave, airbrush, and copy cat.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.